Annals of Geophysics solicits manuscripts for a Special Issue on Environmental Hazards of the Mediterranean Basin.
The Mediterranean region is affected by high risk of disasters caused by earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, floods, and other kinds of natural and anthropogenic calamities. This high level of risk requires accurate studies for setting up appropriate mitigation measures. This special issue aims at bringing together recent trends of research on these environmental hazards assessment and contributing to the associated risk mitigation.
Possible topics for manuscripts include, but are not limited to the fields of geophysics, hydrology, atmospheric science, remote sensing, statistics and artificial intelligence for the characterization of anthropogenic and natural hazards, and mitigation of risks associated to them. In particular, reports containing examples of the use of EU recovery funds in scientific projects in the context of the present pandemic situation would be welcome.
Guest Editors for this special section:
- Rodolfo Console, Center of Integrated Geomorphology for the Mediterranean Area, Potenza,Italy, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eleftheria Papadimitriou, Department of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece, email@example.com
- Michel Greco, School of Engineering, Università della Basilicata, Potenza, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Marsella, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale, Università La Sapienza, Roma, Italy, email@example.com
- Josep Batllò, Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya, Barcelona, JBatllo@icgc.cat
We plan to publish the papers in a special issue of Annals of Geophysics early in 2023.
In preparing manuscripts, authors must follow Annals of Geophysics’ author guidelines ahttps://www.annalsofgeophysics.eu/index.php/annals/Submission-guidelines. Papers must be submitted via the online submission system (https://www.annalsofgeophysics.eu/index.php/annals/Submit-the-manuscript) under the title “Environmental Hazards of the Mediterranean Basin”.
Opening of the submissions: 1 March 2022
Closing of the submissions: 31 August 2022